Thursday 26 February 2009

Pensieve, please.

I have so much swimming around in my head today.

Ok, a little reminising. Only looking back to see how far I have travelled.
It has been a year since I left the worst job ever.

I worked for a friend (no longer) in her nursery. It was one of the biggest mistakes I could have made. Totally demoralised and bullied. I managed to navigate my childhood and teenage years as the fat kid without this and here I was, a single mum of two at 30 years of age, being bullied by a peer. In fact, being so obviously bullied that all other workers cringed.

I still cannot think about this time without a complete sense of injustice. My voice was not heard and it was at a time where it tested my sense of value and self worth to the very limit. Somedays, even beyond. I cannot begin to imagine how any child who goes through this can remain unscathed. They pushed me before I jumped and did it in such a way, no action could be taken. It still makes me seethe. Need to work on that I guess.

Why do people act in this way? Why do they have a need and drive to make another feel inferior?

No comments:

Post a Comment