Saturday 21 February 2009

My life so far.......

So. Here I am, writing my first 'blog'.



What to write? I guess I should start by explaining my journey so far. I'll skip bits that are irrelevant or too gory. Eek.



Youngest of two. My older sister is fabulous and ALWAYS thinner than me, damit! One day her metabolism will catch up and BOOM! Ah, can only hope. No kids apart from the ones she teaches. Lives in London in a stylish and neat apartment. See? Fabulous. She was my first friend and shares my soundbank. Even our parents cannot tell the difference on the phone.



I was the rebel. Funny, fat kid at school who made 'em laugh so that they wouldn't pick on me. Constantly sent out of class and skipping classes to smoke at the end of the field. Or to go to the beach. I mean, honestly, who builds a school right next to the beach. Begging for truancy. I left school with flying colours. Much to the astonishment of many teachers. And myself.



Fast forward a couple of years. Rebelling against my strict, Spanish and devout catholic parents was my favourite past-time. They liked me to have long hair, but in a moment of rebellion, I had it cut short. (Natalie Imbruglia style. Short, fat and basically looked like a man) I was not the Stepford child as they may have wished for. A normal teenager then.



Next bit are the rollercoaster years. Left home to move in with 'my one true love' at 22. Pregnant by the end of the year. Married a few months later (I had a very large bouquet and father, large shotgun) and a month later I had my boy who we shall call Mowgli. More of that another time.



Fast forward 5 years and whilst pregnant with our 2nd child, (we shall call her Mogwai) husband decides to leave. It was the 'I love you but not IN love with you' script. Reality was, he had fallen for a colleague. The bottom fell out of my world. More of THAT another time.



Fast forward 2 years and here I am. A survivor who has been through the storms to find the sunshine. Some days it rains. It used to remind me of the storms of yesteryear. Now it just reminds me of how far I have travelled and how I am stronger than I ever could have imagined.



Ok. Back to real time. Today.



Today was a constant cajouling exercise. Please put your shoes on/back on/no don't climb on the table/don't pull your brother's hair/one more mouthful and then pudding-come on/let mummy just have a quick shower...... Ok. Do you need a wee? Oh, you already have. No don't take off your...have you done a poo too? On the floor? Oh Mogwai! Naughty girl. *sob* No, I have just made my bed and I have cream sheets. OUT OUT OUT!! They don't call it the terrible two's for nothing.



More wine anyone? *hic*

No comments:

Post a Comment